The Rock is Love: Destiny

All the fun stuff I'd like to do before I die ;)

Sunday, June 25, 2006

Show Time!

Here are the lists of movies which are either recommended to me by bloggers/commenters at Camacho.tv, I have on video/DVD, or I plan to see in the future. As I watch the new ones, I'll give 1-5 *'s and a BRIEF explanation (1-2 words) of why. I may have to rewatch some of the one's I've already seen before I can rate them.

Seen:
101 Dalmations (original animated movie)
Amadeus
American Beauty (Friend rented it and brought it over.)
Beauty and the Beast
The Color Purple
Dances With Wolves
Dead Poets Society
E.T.
Finding Nemo (Saw it at a friend's movie-party.)
Gattaca (Sorry, Ramone, I actually DIDN'T like this one, 'cause I couldn't show it unedited to my kids someday. Some things will be explainable to them. But that one scene??? I wouldn't know how.)
Gods Must Be Crazy I
Jerry Maguire
* The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe (Ramone: eh, I loved some things, but not others about it.)
Little Mermaid
Pride and Prejudice (Some old Paramount version, I think)
Schindler’s List
Sleeping Beauty
Entire Star Wars series, old and new releases (Heck yeah!)
The Princess Bride
Toy Story

Have:
The Sound of Music

Must See:
(Ramone's Favs, edited per his request :D)
A Bronx Tale
Amistad
Bruce Almighty
** Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
Driving Miss Daisy
The Emperor’s New Groove
Glory
** Good Will Hunting
The Green Mile
Ikiru (1951 - Akira Kurosawa)
The Last Emperor
** Life is Beautiful (La Vita e Bella)
The Mission
** The Passion of the Christ
Redemption
The Royal Tennenbaums
Prisoner of the Mountains
Seabiscuit
Secondhand Lions
Shadowlands
The Shawshank Redemption
Six Degrees of Separation
Spider-man 2
To Live (1994 - Zhang Yimou)
** The Truman Show

(Laura's Favs)
Galaxy Quest
Monsoon Wedding
Spirited Away
The Apostle
La Peste (The Plague)
Enchanted April
Garden State
Our Mutual Friend
50 First Dates

(Angela Joy's Favs)
Benny and Joon
The Music Man

(The Regular Guy's Favs)
Shawshank Redemption
Memento
Snatch
Psycho
Goonies
American President
Million Dollar Baby
Hero

(Melissa's Favs)
Signs
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Motorcycle Diaries
Road to Perdition
Run Lola Run
Whale Rider

(Fia's Favs)
Whale Rider
Last of the Mohicans
Pride and Prejudice (BBC mini-series)
Scarlet Pimpernel (again… only the BBC miniseries version)
Get Smart (I think I saw the TV show.)
Passion of the Christ (CanNOT do without this one)
Gods Must Be Crazy II
House of Flying Daggers (or not her fav anymore?)
Romeo and Juliet (Zefferelli -sp?- version) (she outgrew it...)
Count of Monte Cristo
Walk the Line
Monsoon Wedding

(Scott's Favs)
The Last Samurai
Garden State
Monty Python and the Holy Grail
Bride/Priest Training
Leap of Faith
Return of the King
Gladiator

Heh - I gotta get crackin'! Hollywood's been a starvin' without my mula!!!!!!! Oh, wait, I gotta get me some o' that too ;)

5 Comments:

Blogger Ramone said...

I updated my list here...

12:11 AM  
Blogger Caroline Talita Ishshah said...

Awwe :D You're such a sweetheart for posting again here :D :D :D Especially after the UPHEAVAL of my web site over the weekend. I didn't change the template or anything - I just reorganized the tar out of it. So anyway, thanks for commenting again.

Heh - yeah, I saw your updates and responded on Camach.tv as well. But, I'll say it again here: I really do doubt I'll ever get through your whole list! But, here's tryin' :)

12:51 AM  
Blogger Ramone said...

Don't forget the great seven:

**Good Will Hunting
**Life is Beautiful
**Gattaca
**Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon
**The Truman Show
**The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe
**The Passion of the Christ


They must have double asterik's by each of them! Truman Show and Gattaca were written by the same author. The former was directed by Peter Weir, the same director as Dead Poets Society. But again, language warning about Good Will Hunting.

And to clarify, I'm not a "sweetheart". I am procrastinating, however. :P

1:16 AM  
Blogger Caroline Talita Ishshah said...

Alrighty then... I'll just have to REPHRASE THAT a tad!!! And I editorially quote myself...

"Awwe :D You're such a procrastinator for posting again here :D :D :D Especially after the UPHEAVAL of my web site over the weekend. I didn't change the template or anything - I just reorganized the tar out of it. So anyway, thanks for commenting again."

Heh - is THAT any better??? :P

Welcome back into my life :)

4:58 AM  
Blogger Caroline Talita Ishshah said...

Alright. I've updated the list, I'm DONE blogging for the night (hey, go check out the Beliefs section! Also the Livagies section, k? :D I worked my butt off all night to finish fixing up this site. YES. That's a guilt trip! Now, be a good and faithful friend and go read everything! LOL ;D

5:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home